Skip to main content
It's amazing how good I feel the past few days. It could be my upcoming trip to Florida, but I think it's a combo of cleaning out the sugar & getting active, as well as the B-12 supplement. Whatever it is, I'll take it. 

This week has been crazy busy at work. Real estate is flying in our area. I had an inspection, 2 new listings, multiple offers on one home & wrote two offers, in addition to it being tax season & prepping for my trip. Normally, I'd have been overwhelmed & exhausted. Instead, I actually worked out last night. The hubby & I went to eat and shop, then I came home & worked out at 9:45 p.m. Who am I?!? 


I realized I can't do Turbo Fire. My knee just won't allow it. That's OK. I discovered Rockin' Body on my Beachbody On Demand and I love it. It's low impact and simply fun. I look like I'm floundering because I'm not a dancer. My hips were trained to be stationary, due to softball. Even so, I can do this in my home office and no one has to see. Boom! So, last night I did the beginning workout and some yoga to wind down. I got 5 hours of sleep & woke up refreshed.



This morning, I jumped into the Dirty 30 on the 21 Day Fix. The smallest, toughest move for me is the side plank at the end. My hips are so tight from sitting. But, I know each day will get easier. After that, I did the Party Express with Shaun T. I struggle with the hip swing/arm motion. Again, my hips are trained to be rock steady. I am going to have to retrain the muscles, which will take time. But, that's ok!


Mentally, I feel better than I have in months. I plan on keeping the momentum up in Florida with walking. I might even take my ipad & yoga mat to the beach and do some yoga. Don't like it? Don't look, right? I'll never see anyone again. HA!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections & Realizations

After weeks of not working out and traveling, I stepped on the scale Monday to my highest weight ever. Granted a lot of it is indeed fluid, but still, it was a sign that I needed to get back to focusing on my health. After busting my head wide open and battling the concussion, I was lazy. I was lazy in not just my weight loss battle, but all aspects of my life. The doctor warned me that I might have some slight depression/mind fog from the concussion, but I just shrugged it off. Well, Monday it dawned on me that he was right and it was time to crack down on my mind crack. Yesterday, I was getting ready to head to the gym and sign up with my new trainer. (Yeah I dropped the other one. We just weren't clicking and he was way too focused on the scale. Being a recovered anorexic, I just couldn't deal with that.) I was walking out the door, realizing I had a huge sense of dread and anxiety inside me, just waiting to bust out. In the past, I would have ignored those feelings and

Day One

Today was day one of getting up at 5 a.m. to meet with my trainer. I was actually up early, fearful I would oversleep. I ended up getting to the gym early & was able to squeeze in some cardio, which was good for my achilles. In the early stages, I am not sure how long it take to warmup, drive there, etc so I figured I'd set the tone right from day one by being early.  After meeting Eli, my trainer, we went over all the standard contract stuff and took some measurements. Talk about a wake-up call. I am not going to post them here 'cause quite frankly, it is no one's business but mine. However, it made me see just how much 3 D&Cs and an achilles injury in the past 18 months has really affected my body. Putting it down on paper made it real and it motivated me to say "Never again." Getting to the gym early was easier than I thought. Yes, it's day one and I'm sure that will change, but I used to do it every single day when I was on the radio. I

Heart Health

Contrary to popular opinion, I do have a heart. My new doctor confirmed it today, right before she told me it isn't working properly. Before I get to that though, I must brag on her. It was my first visit with her and after having such crappy doctors in the past, I wasn't expecting much difference. But, I knew I wanted a female as I'm so sick of being told move more, eat less and weight loss will happen by some man who doesn't give a rat's ass about hormonal issues. Luckily, I found a new female doctor here and decided to give her a try. Two minutes into my visit, I knew she "gets it." We discussed my weight, palpitations, working out and stress levels. When I told her I couldn't get my BP down, she mentioned that I'm on allergy meds and they're notorious for fluid retention and raising my BP. Duh, Missy! When I told her I'd gained 30 pounds in a year, despite working out with a trainer, she admitted that she has gained 10+ pounds in t