Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Walk this way!

Last night, I had a huge NSV. I was able to walk 3 miles at a decent pace for the first time in nearly a year. Most people would look at my "results" and think, "Big deal." Guess what? It IS a big deal to me and I no longer give a crap what anyone thinks. My achilles/foot issues have been a stumbling block for me, but I think I have finally turned a corner on them. In fact, I was able to log 10,000 steps!

Today, I was supposed to meet with my new trainer. I know, I know...I said I wasn't going to do that again. But the people pleaser in me caved and made an appointment. For some reason, I wanted to be one of the "cool, fit kids" and prove my worth. Yet, I woke up this a.m. with some foot pain. My appointment time rolled around and I skipped it. Instead, I popped in a Leslie Sansone DVD and walked 5 miles in my living room, where no one cared how much I sweat or what I looked like. 

When I finished, I sent my trainer a message, telling her I was no cancelling my gym membership. I knew I had to do what was right for ME for once in my life. Working out at home fits that bill. She said I wouldn't be able to get the "burn" I needed to see results. My Polar Heart Rate Monitor would disagree:



Do you ever workout at home? Do you prefer it or the gym? Why do you feel that way?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so encouraged by your determination!! And I like that you're doing what's right for you! Proud of you, Missy!

    ReplyDelete