Saturday, July 20, 2013

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Figuratively, not literally of course. While I am facing my fears, let's not get carried away and expect me in water deep enough to row a boat. Silly readers...However, I have found a new love: the rowing machine at Bob's Gym.



Eli introduced us on Friday and I realized she offered me exactly what I needed: a workout with no impact. (Before you ask how I know it's a 'she', let me say that no man would ever be that smooth and pain free. HA!) I have seen the machines while I was on the dreadmill or the bike, but never thought about using one. Once Eli broke my fear of looking silly on one, I fell in love. It offered me a full body workout without the pounding of my foot - exactly what my doctor prescribed.

After sleeping in some this morning, I went to the gym and hopped on the rowing machine for 2000m. While my time was slower than I wanted, I was more focused on proper form. The last thing I needed was to injure myself again. I did 10 min on the rower, 10 min on the bike, walking lunges across the gym (repeating my NSV from earlier this week) and some planks. After that, I lasted 5 minutes on the elliptical before my heel started screaming, so I went back to the rower. I completed another 1000m and then cooled down.

One thing I noticed today is that I was much more confident in the gym, just like the "good ol' days." I just did my own thing and ignored the people. If a machine I needed was taken, I improvised. I credit my time with Eli for that change.

No comments:

Post a Comment