Friday, July 12, 2013

Day One

Today was day one of getting up at 5 a.m. to meet with my trainer. I was actually up early, fearful I would oversleep. I ended up getting to the gym early & was able to squeeze in some cardio, which was good for my achilles. In the early stages, I am not sure how long it take to warmup, drive there, etc so I figured I'd set the tone right from day one by being early. 

After meeting Eli, my trainer, we went over all the standard contract stuff and took some measurements. Talk about a wake-up call. I am not going to post them here 'cause quite frankly, it is no one's business but mine. However, it made me see just how much 3 D&Cs and an achilles injury in the past 18 months has really affected my body. Putting it down on paper made it real and it motivated me to say "Never again."


Getting to the gym early was easier than I thought. Yes, it's day one and I'm sure that will change, but I used to do it every single day when I was on the radio. I can do it again, especially since I know my former radio colleague is at the gym as well. He will call me out if I quit. Having him there reminds me of the time that I was the focused and the happiest with life, back before I centered my life around corporate America. It's good motivation to get that feeling back. 

Walking out of the gym, workout complete by 7 a.m. was fantastic! It set the tone for the day and made me appreciate the little things, such as being able to have a quiet breakfast on my patio before the hustle & bustle of the day. Yeah, I'm going to like this.
                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment