Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 6: Dedication

Today was tough to get to the gym, but I needed to do it to prove to myself and everyone else that my mind is in a better place. Why else would I get up at 4:45 on the first day of my vacation AND my anniversary to be tortured at the gym? 

This morning was a changing point for me, I think. My Achilles kept me up nearly all night with sharp, stabbing pains and cramps. In the past, I'd have used it as my crutch and skipped the gym. Instead, I took some Advil and remembered that I had less pain after my workout on Monday and NO pain yesterday until last night. I decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did.

We worked total body again today and just like on Monday, Eli had to up my weights on a few machines. In fact, he couldn't find the weights he wanted for my lateral raises and gave me heavier weights. He said, "It's ok if they're too heavy, we'll go lighter somehow." He was stunned (as was I) when they were too light! Woot! Another NSV for me!

To reward myself, I scheduled a 90 minute hot stone massage tomorrow to relieve some stiffness and celebrate my new mindset. Hopefully, it'll relieve some buildup in my foot, too. 

Remember, you're so much stronger than you think you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment