Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 5 - Four Letter Words

Today involved my favorite four letter word. No, not that one...well ok, it was used too, several times I'm sure. BUT the word to which I'm referring here is REST! 

My plans were to get up at 5 a.m. like I do on training days and hit the gym or ride my bike outside. I figured it  would help me get in a routine. When I woke up at 5 though, my body said otherwise. I was extremely stiff and just felt exhausted this a.m. so I slept in and decided to make today a rest day. My body is sore from yesterday's workout, so I figured it was in my best interest to not push it too hard. The last thing I need is to get injured again.

Tomorrow starts my stay-cation. I'm unplugging from the emails, the cellphones, Twitter and Facebook for 8 days. There will be NO contact with the outside world, unless initiated by me. My mind needs this break. Real estate, while successful, has exhausted me. It's time to renew my spirit. So how do I start it? At the gym with my trainer! Instead of sleeping in tomorrow, I'll be up at 5 & headed to the gym. And yes, I am excited about it. I feel like I'm taking my power back.



No comments:

Post a Comment