Monday, May 20, 2013

Goals or Ideas?

"Goals are just ideas until we put them in writing." Granted, I think the original quote said dreams instead of goals, but I took creative license. For me, goals works better in the quote. 

I'm a list-maker. At work, I have a daily checklist that I use. I have a notebook where I write all my objectives for the day. I make notes on my phone and use the lists at the store, with clients, at the ballfield...just about everywhere. Reading "Slim for Life" by Jillian Michaels, I had an epiphany. Why don't I put my goals in writing when it comes to fitness and weight loss? Not only does it hold me accountable, but it gives me something to shoot for each week.

This week's goals:
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day.
2. Move for 30 minutes each day.
3. Cook at least 3 meals at home.
4. Track food through MyFitnessPal.com
5. Write down at least 3 things for which I'm thankful each day.

I am downloading an app that will help me track the goals each day. I am also scheduling my workout into my planner. We'll see how it goes. Either way, this is progress and a sign I am feeling like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment