Sunday, April 7, 2013

A New Challenge

After weeks of feeling sluggish and mental fog, especially as of late, I am aware that something is zapping my energy. The one common factor I can find in my issues is the abundance of sugar in my diet. The past week, I have indulged my sweet tooth in a way that I haven't in a long time. After weeks of feeling strong and thinking clearly, this week has been a struggle for me to even get out of bed. 

My friend, Becky, has recently gone sugar free and as a result, inspired me to attempt it as well. Wait, strike that. There is no attempt - I will do this. I have to do this for my health, mental and physical.

Forgive my blog rants that will be posted as I detox. I know it will be a nightmare at first, but I have no choice. Hopefully blogging about it will not only distract me, but also chart my progress for me so that I can see how far I have come at the end of the three weeks. Yes I'm starting with three weeks. Why? The experts say it takes three weeks to form a habit. Therefore, on April 29th, I'll either feel 100% better than today or be in jail for killing someone as a result of detoxing.




No comments:

Post a Comment