Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Musings

In the past few weeks, I have had several encounters where someone said, "I didn't know that about you." Being a lover of random acts of kindness and random thoughts, I decided to make it easier for my friends and list some of them here. (Makes it easier to avoid small talk later. No offense...)

  1. Yes, I used to be quiet and shy. It was my protection against a screwed up family. (You have no idea...) Ditched the family & ditched the shell.
  2. Yes, I have performed stand-up comedy & received a standing ovation every single time. I'm working on plans to return to it this summer!
  3. Yes, I do hate Tom Brady and Christian Laettner equally. There is no other athlete that will ever be able to cause my blood to boil in the way these two gals do.
  4. Yes, I really am working to obtain a pilot's license.
  5. No, I do not have a romantic bone in my body. No seriously, romantic gestures make me suspicious. Besides, I much prefer my funny bone!
  6. No, I do not have dreams of 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. Never have, never will. And no, I don't have anything against those who do. I just know I'd feel like a caged animal & die a slow death inside. Been there, done that.
  7. Yes, I did go to the National Spelling Bee & National Free Throw Championships in the same year. 
  8. Yes, I really do make inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times. It eases the tension (at least for me.)
  9. I will high five or give "knucks" to anyone. There are approximately 10 people allowed to hug me. 
  10. If you "knew me from school", I can assure you that you don't know me anymore unless you've spoken to me in the past year or so. But I'm always open to have a drink and chat! Just don't expect me to be the timid, smart girl. Well, I'm still smart but more smartass than timid. I can also assure you that I want to leave the world a better place than I found it.
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment